Dedicated Lawyers Fighting on Behalf of Gulf Coast Workers and Residents after the 2010 BP Oil Spill
Helping those who helped restore the Gulf of Mexico
The Downs Law Group is a law firm based in Florida and with a presence in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and throughout the Gulf Coast. We work with people who have been injured to get them reimbursement and damages for medical expenses.
As a firm located in the South, we know what recovery personnel, volunteers and everyday people endured after the 2010 BP oil spill. The negligence that caused the destruction of the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig and the release of millions of barrels of chemicals into the Gulf of Mexico continues to wreak havoc on the region. The accident has resulted in a variety of health issues for countless people, especially those who work on the water or have helped with the cleanup effort.
At the Downs Law Group, we do not charge clients until they have been compensated for their injuries. We offer free initial consultations. If you have been injured as a result of the BP oil spill, speak with us first.
A firm that works on behalf of the injured
We understand that medical conditions and their legal ramifications are confusing and intimidating. Many people may not even realize that their condition is a result of exposure to oil and chemicals and that they have a right to compensation for the costs of treatment and other expenses.
The Downs Law Group sets itself apart from other law firms by our:
- Dedication to the Gulf Coast and its people — Our firm is committed to restoring the waters, shores and bayous damaged by the spill, and to looking out for the best interests of the cleanup workers whose sacrifice helped make the region safe again.
- Medical knowledge — We handle personal injury and medical claims every day. If you are unsure whether you have a case, you can feel comfortable consulting us about your condition.
- Aggressive response — Many people have worked hard to ensure the safety of the region, and we will fight to get them the compensation they need.
We handle medical claims and compensation related to the BP oil spill
Our lawyers are familiar with the medical background and legal technicalities related to compensation for the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster. Those include:
- Filing a claim with the Deepwater Horizon Settlement Fund— Understanding the claims process is difficult and confusing. We simplify it for you.
- Medical benefits — Health problems are rising along the coast, and those who were exposed to oil and chemicals are most often in need of medical benefits. Exposure to oil and chemicals may be the source of neurological, respiratory problems, eye problems, skin conditions, stomach complications and sinus issues that have plagued many since the spill.
- Cleanup workers — Many brave recovery personnel were subjected to dangerous conditions without proper care. Those who endured this have a right to compensation.
- Fishermen — Vessels of Opportunity volunteers, oystermen, shrimpers, fishermen, vacationers and charter crews may all be eligible for compensation.
- Oil Rig workers — Drilling platform personnel exposed to negligence have a valid claim.
- Coastal residents in Zone A and Zone B — Locals along the coast have experienced a surge in medical problems in the aftermath of the spill. People who live in designated shore or bayou zones are entitled to compensation. Residents in Florida, Texas, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi may also be entitled to reimbursement for damages.
- Property damage — Damage to boats and shore property is costly and long-lasting. We work to get you the necessary compensation for this.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation regarding your legal rights after the BP oil spill
Many people with health conditions and property damage related to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill do not realize that they are eligible for compensation for those costs. The Downs Law Group explains the medical and legal necessities of filing a successful claim in language that is easily understandable. Contact us today at 305-444-8226 or online for a free initial consultation regarding your situation.